The Hole in the Wall

the ramblings of a hopelessly obsessive little girl. Her hole in the wall's going to be full in no time..

Mi foto
Nombre:
Lugar: Cebu, Philippines

a child on the borders of black and white; reason and chaos.

sábado, octubre 21, 2006

Heno and I gave Sam a belated birthday gift- a Blue Magic pig we named "Shera". We wrote a little note in the card using a magic pen. The magic pen had a little light on it that revealed the message. It said:

oink oink oink oink oinky OINK oink oink OEEEEEENK OINK oink

translated: happy birthday!! from heno & ara

we called Sam up and went over to Dimsum, invading her family time with the gift. She received the pig quite sweetly... how nice!!! Shera doesn't turn into porkchop... well, cause she isn't edible... (unless sam is on a special diet that includes polyester) We were all lamenting on the little time we had to spend together. Sam's parents suggested we go to handuraw or something. We all hopped into their car and found ourselves in a karaoke joint in Banilad.

The karaoke joint seemed inspired by Star wars and Cruise ship architecture. It reminded me that by now, I was supposed to be on a ship to Naval. I don't even remember what songs we chose. I ignored my colds and my sore throat for the joy of singing without caring whether I destroyed the song or not... darn... the average score I got was 50. the highest score I got was 62... 77 when I sang with someone else... how embarassing... I didn't get even ONE 100. And anyone who got a hundred got a prize... oh noes...oh well. Luke and Sam have potentially good singing voices. Chin's gone through training and I... am a totally diff story...T_T Shera was blamed for all the technical difficulties we went through while choosing what songs to sing and Sam fiercely defended her piglet :) Awww <3 when we made mistakes chosen songs and nobody knew the lyrics, we tried translating the english lyrics to tagalog. I'm rusty. So rusty Luke knew better than me. Sam expressed her amazement at Luke's lingual prowess by going "You're not my brother!!!" Heno was obviously enjoying the karaoke's extensive collection of savage garden songs. Good thing he didn't find "Always". Luke was trying to find out if the place was sound proof. When he discovered it wasn't, he apologized in a loud voice for the noise. Sam replied we had a right to make noise-we paid for the right :D

After the Tornillas chose what songs we sang were going to be burned into a CD to remind us that the world is imperfect, we went to Gonut's to wait for the album. We children went crazy over the magic pens over the donuts. Then it was time to go home. I receive a copy of the album tomorrow. >.<

I had fun. Sam suggested we must do it again. Lalalala... We must perfect the Bohemian Rhapsody