The Hole in the Wall

the ramblings of a hopelessly obsessive little girl. Her hole in the wall's going to be full in no time..

Mi foto
Nombre:
Lugar: Cebu, Philippines

a child on the borders of black and white; reason and chaos.

martes, octubre 17, 2006

Pregenesis racked 4 awards:

best make-up and costume
best actress (Dionne as the Moon)
best director(me?)
best play

the day was an infusion of many events... the play, public humiliation, and the second and worst day of my period. I'm still reeling from everything that i will blog about it very uneffectively.

the Play was an exhilerating experience. My favorite scene was the fight scene between Night and Sun. The crowd fave was the kissing scene. They couldn't believe anyone would be bold enough to french onstage.

Backstage was chaos. You always have the feeling that you're not doing enough for the betterment of the play. As if you're useless if you aren't doing anything but sitting pretty. The backdrop took forever to install, thank goodness my classmates have big brawny boyfriends...

After the play, we went to MCDO to celebrate.I was relieved it was over. All that hard work, all those sleepless nights were finally over! But there was still one thing I wanted to know-Josh told me and I was crestfallen. I cried all the way to MCDO. It's the hormones. The stress. Everything. They tried cheering me up. I let myself get distracted.

We went back to the venue, me with the plastered smile on my face. The first play for the afternoon was boring. I understood it but i didn't feel it. I received a message from Haidee - she needed the backdrop cloth. I realized it was still on the stage. I went over to josh, who was in charge of the stage and props for the next presentation. He told me to look for something to cut the nylon with. I went backstage and found a saw. People were hooting and cheering. He was on the stage too. he climbed on a ladder and cut the cloth down.

I liked how they portrayed Miss Saigon last year compared to this year. Francis (JR's younger brother) stole the scene once more.

Jay was "Josh" in their performance of "Bang Bang You're Dead". He really suited the role. Lol.

Later, after all performances were done, Sam called me for an intermission number. I seriously didn't know what to sing. So I asked the people what they wanted me to sing. My classmates, who still hadn't gotten over the kissing scene, asked me to sing "Iris". So sing I did... Only then did I notice the words of the song... Too late. the crowd went wild. they were all facing one direction- the blushing broomstick. I didn't finish the song. I didn't know what I was doing anymore... I tried to "change the topic". When I had diverted attention away from me to kuya Ruther, I gave them the mic and made my way to my seat, where I started crying. Kuya Epot suggested I make a hasty exit before anybody notices I blew it again. I did, and as soon as I got there,I screamed. I just needed a breath of fresh air. I went back to the theatre and put on the smile again.

then the reaosn to smile for real- they started announcing the winners... geez... I didn't know what to say.

Exiting was kinda hard since there were extended hands everywhere. Congratulating me, here and there. Occasional hugs. He was always within a 5-m radius. Shit. What face do i have to show him now? I didn't look at him. In my mind I was challenging myself to turn his way, wink and say "Are you going to mock me now?". Couldn't do it. Darn...

Josh gave me advice a little later. I dunno what it's for. And I dunno how to follow it. Lol. Bahala na. Bugo gud kog love love ay...