The Hole in the Wall

the ramblings of a hopelessly obsessive little girl. Her hole in the wall's going to be full in no time..

Mi foto
Nombre:
Lugar: Cebu, Philippines

a child on the borders of black and white; reason and chaos.

lunes, octubre 16, 2006

the day turned out very eventful.

Bye bye money for gold gown... hello spotlights

This morning, I wasn't in the mood to get up. I went to the bathroom and found the culprit of my weak immune system and my shortened patience level- it's the first day of my monthly visit.

Had to hoist my bleeding ass to practice and I arrived to find very few people at the practice venue. I had forgotten that the lead actress went home to get her costume. The lead actor went to mass with one of the stage directors and one of the lead supporting actors; the stage director was getting pissed; the sounds director and the lights director were with me, buying the stuff to make spotlights with (withe the money I had reserved for the renting of my costume), and everybody else was either on the Moon or in Agrabah.

Lunch time, the rain poured. Cellphones were dying all over the world and I was wondering why I hadn't popped yet. I looked around me and found some people showing off the costumes they had sewn for themselves. It was relieveing that there were still those who did their own dirty work. It is true that when you're in the technical crew,you CAN grow to hate the actors and actresses for "not doing anything" when they actually are. We went to the venue and it was near chaotic. We managed to dance around the chaos though. Nichole was there (the potential-what-if-summer-fling-last-summer), with her bf, and they gave comments and suggestions. A while later, I noticed Dionne, the lead actress, blew it on Aireene, the irritating classmate I have been blogging about for the past few posts. I was confused, til gikah told me Aireene made Khing cry. THE NERVE... then Em2x, the sound director, told me Aireene was pestering everyone again. No wonder she suddenly turned lambykins on me... the snake... She bolted out the theatre, as if she were about to cry. Someone followed her and found her laughing like a maniac. That's the last straw. I knew she was up to something.

She left before everyone else. I went after her like a dog sniffing out a fox. Riena lead the way to her boarding house. I came in for the kill.

A little confrontation ensued. And since we were both drama queens, I assure you it was dramatic, though a little awkward since we hadn't rehearsed our lines. She was stuttering and I shredded her til she was nothing but a blubbering piece of shit. She held on to her lies but I could see right through them. She wanted to help. Help? Help what? Help the devil? Hah. What a joke! I left her boarding house in a huff. It was one of the most dramatic episodes of my entire life, and the only witness was Riena. Oh well.

I told Tio. Tio tried giving her a chance but the final decision on whether she was on the play or not was with Amor - the lights director. Thankfully, She didn't consent.

but I'm not yet content.

I'm going to destroy her...

~~~

the play is tomorrow. I don't have a costume yet. I keep on worrying about everything else and I'm not even done with my portfolio yet. If I don't submit a portfolio, I get a guaranteed failing grade. If I do submit, at least I get an INC. Good luck nako ugma!