The Hole in the Wall

the ramblings of a hopelessly obsessive little girl. Her hole in the wall's going to be full in no time..

Mi foto
Nombre:
Lugar: Cebu, Philippines

a child on the borders of black and white; reason and chaos.

martes, agosto 22, 2006

champorado is exotic. never even realized it.
maybe it slipped my mind.

according to http://pinoyfood.nimrodel.net/category/filipino-food/ ,
Champorado (chocolate rice porridge) The original recipe is made with soft-boiled rice and flavored with Tableas de Cacao which are bitter-sweet chocolate tablets made of freshly roasted chocolate mixed with milk and sugar. Champorado is usually served with a side dish of fried or smoked

according to http://skyscrapercity.com/archive/index.php/t-314462-p-2.html
* Champorado - /Champ-ô-rə-dô/ is chocolate rice pudding similar to a chocolate oatmeal, not to be confused with Mexican Champurrado which is a hot chocolate drink

when my mom was pregnant with me, she'd eat tons of food, including champorado. She was afraid I'd come out too dark skinned, but i turned out olive-skinned. I grew up eating champorado, liking mine with more milk than needed.

champorado is one of those things you grow up with, without even asking why it was that way. Champorado was one of those things that was supposed to be weird but wasn't, because it was something you were used to.

i'm in an internet cafe, it's 6 am, and I'm waiting for the canteen to open. I'm hungry. i want champorado. I shouldn't have woken this early.