The Hole in the Wall

the ramblings of a hopelessly obsessive little girl. Her hole in the wall's going to be full in no time..

Mi foto
Nombre:
Lugar: Cebu, Philippines

a child on the borders of black and white; reason and chaos.

lunes, agosto 07, 2006

COOK OUT's in what.. two weeks?!?
i'm so busy.
i've barely got time enough to breathe lately.
but it's all so fun!!!

The band's improving... we went to the screenings yesterday for the bands to play on cook out. 25 bands signed up. only 12 would be accepted. We were the last to perform for the morning. By the time we entered the studio, the judges were fairly drunk. In their "golden moment" so to speak. We covered lakas tama the local beer drinker's anthem, and the judges kept on staring. the dark mother ordered me to "seduce". I was too nervous to think about my moves. I hope the judges were too drunk to notice that though. One of them was staring at our drummer and kept asking "you're all girls?". One of them kept staring at me with a stoned smile on his face. So much for seduction. After we played, the judges raised their hands and gave us the horn god hand sign. One of them mouthed "rock on!"
I love my band. I really do. They're not afraid to tell me when I need improvement and help me get it. They listen to my ideas and they encourage my song writing. So far, Sleeping Beauty's coming out wonderfully. Mama Gee(our keyboardist)'s put very suitable accompaniment to the song. Now it sounds as if it came out of a music box complete with a plastic ballerina. Kim(our drummer) went home with the recording to think out what she could do to improve the song. Bang(bassist) is now sleeping with her bass guitar (as ate chloe would like to put), and ate chloe's as encouraging as ever... our friends have been equally encouraging. Kuya amos (from a diff band) has been helping me with a new song... I've finished writing it but I'm not sure if i should post it here because it's in tagalog, and I don't get critiques on my filipino poetry here, so what's the use? I find myself looking forward to every jamming session, aching for tuesdays, thursdays and the weekends to come... I really hope this isn't just a one-time thing. Like ate chai once said, "it' very rarely you find people to play with". I'm not leaving Cebu in the next couple of years. I'm staying put til I graduate from the course I'm in at the moment. If I'm taking a second course, it'll be either theatre or music. I realized it's high time I start taking concrete steps towards where I want to take my life. At the moment, Cebu's opening up like a jewelled apple.